Lord Mayor’s Procession – Update
The Lord Mayor’s Procession takes place on Saturday 7 July, commencing at 5.00pm, and this year we have entered a walking group for both ladies and girls.
This year the theme is ‘The Circus Comes To Town’. We will be dressing up as clowns and all participants must be in the carnival spirit.
The course is approximately one mile long, starting at the top of Newmarket Road and finishing by the Puppet Theatre.
If either you or your daughter would like to be part of this fun event please read the following very carefully:
- We will meet at The Eagle Pub on Newmarket Road at 4pm latest. The parade sets off at 5pm promptly and everyone should be in place at 4.45pm. Participants in the procession have permission to park at Notcutts Garden Centre (no cars will be allowed down Newmarket Road);
- Please wear your blue club t-shirts or coaches t-shirts;
- Please wear either a blue or yellow wig, or spray your hair blue or yellow, or wear blue or yellow ribbons;
- We will be bringing some face paints to make up faces as clowns, however, if you are able to do this before arriving, it will save a lot of time;
- All children Age 11 and under MUST have a parent or a named responsible adult walking in the procession with them – COACHES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILDREN DURING THE PROCESSION;
- All other children MUST be able to walk the one mile distance. If no responsible adult is accompanying in the procession, these children must be signed in with one of the Coaches at the start and will not be allowed to leave until they are signed out by a parent or responsible adult at the end of the procession;
- All Children without a parent MUST be picked up at Barclays Bank (next to the Puppet Theatre) at the end of the procession, at approximately 7pm;
- Please ensure that you and your children have plenty of water and sun cream (fingers crossed for good weather). Children should also have taken any relevant medication required or have it at hand (i.e inhalers);
- All participants must also bring a ball. We will not be bringing any club balls as they are extremely expensive and for indoor use only. If your child does not have a ball they are still welcome to walk alongside; and
- As this is a charity event we are expected to carry buckets to collect monies from the spectators. We are also taking the opportunity to advertise our club and as such could parents please bring a small bucket and also take turns at volunteering to carry our club banner along the route.
Thank you very much for your support!